Welcome to the Vormsi cemetery!
Vormsi cemetery is a well cared-for cemetery with well-preserved grave markers, typical of the era and the region. The cemetery is on forest floor, surrounded with a stone wall of local granite. There are several stone crosses, forged and casted iron crosses, wooden crosses, to the south from the central road old stone wheel crosses catch the eye. Stone wheel crosses were started to be used on Vormsi in the 17th century, the oldest one preserved in the cemetery is from 1743, the latest from 1923.
In the Southwest corner of the cemetery there stands a stone chapel that was restored in the 1990s at the location of an older chapel. At the Southeast side is a rail fence double gate with non-plastered limestone gateposts. At the Northeast side there are metal gates with limestone gateposts.
Data are being inserted right now.